Friday, February 12, 2010

Friday! Finally!

4 weeks done, meaning that next week, I start on General Surgery at the Repatriation General Hospital.
This could be a good thing or a bad thing, I haven"t quite worked it out yet.

Today was a good day though, waking up for the first time in 3 or 4 days not feeling like absolute crap. I think this cold is finally moving on, so in the next few days I should be all good.

Made it to ward rounds on time, which is always a good start, especially when you"ve missed the last two days (illness, breast clinic) and it being the final day on this ward. The Senior Fellow was really cheerful, and usually in these cases, its a trap.
And it was.
She had decided that we would do a mini-CEX (or "mini sex" as she pronounced it) after ward rounds. Oh hooray.
Surprisingly, I did quite well. Sure, it didn"t feel like it when I was under the spotlight, with her firing question after question at me during the history. But afterwards she gave some very good feedback and gave me good marks! I received a 6, which is quite a surprise because in our introduction lecture when they explained the mini-CEX, they told us to expect the initial few to be very bad...

So I"ve been pretty happy.

No comments: